Join a Growing Field of Law
What once might have been a niche field in law is becoming an essential part of every venture, creative- or business-focused. Touching nearly every industry, intellectual property is an emerging field of law that will continue to grow. Whether you’re ready to start a career on your own or become a greater asset in your current firm, gaining a stronger experience in IP can set you apart as an attorney.
By clicking "Request Information,” I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communications regarding educational programs and opportunities.
Request More Information
Whether you are an attorney looking to practice intellectual property law, or you work in IT and want to level up your career by learning data and privacy law, Cardozo School of Law has the program for you. Offered 100% online, our online LL.M. in Intellectual Property and MSL in Data and Privacy Law programs are taught by industry leaders and give you the connections and networking opportunities to grow your career and thrive in your chosen field.
Complete the form to receive more information about Cardozo School of Law’s online LL.M. or MSL program.
Prepare for Your Next Career Move
With more than 14,000 alumni around the globe, Cardozo trains experienced professionals in many different fields of law. Through our online LL.M. in Intellectual Property program, students will find themselves prepared to enter intellectual property careers in new industries with confidence, including film, sports, media, biotechnology, computer engineering, and e-commerce. Potential roles include:
- IP attorney
- Patent attorney or prosecutor
- Patent or trademark examiner
- IP litigator
- IP counselor
- IP business strategist
- Music and entertainment attorney
- Global IP policy counsel
- IP and privacy managing counsel
- IP analyst
- IP portfolio management attorney
- Product counsel
From Our Students
“Thanks to Cardozo's diverse course offerings, I was able to craft a curriculum in complete alignment with my professional goals. The innovative classes of the LL.M. in IP, taught by leading academics and practitioners, gave me skills that remain useful in my day-to-day practice of law.”
-Lucile Bouhanna ’20, Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs at MusiCapital
Alumni Career Resources
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters
- Discussing career goals
- Tailoring job search strategies
- Developing networking strategies
- Strengthening interview skills
Networking and Job Search
- Cardozo Job Bank: The Office of Career Services supports your job search efforts by offering workshops, career events, and employer databases through our online platform, Symplicity
- NALP Directory: National Association for Law Placement hosts this directory providing information on larger law firms, public interest organizations, and government agencies
- OCS Angel Page: The Office of Career Services maintains this password-protected website featuring career resources, job search guides, useful examples, and more
- LinkedIn Cardozo Alumni Database: The Cardozo LinkedIn profile provides the opportunity to connect with more than 11,000 alumni
- INTA Job Bank: The International Trademark Association provides IP job openings from around the globe
- AIPLA Career Center: The American Intellectual Property Law Association offers job seekers the opportunity to browse openings by industry, state, and practice area
- Opportunities at WIPO: The World Intellectual Property Organization, a global forum for IP services, policy, and information, promotes an international IP system.
- National and State Bar Associations: A local or national bar association can provide additional employment listings in your area and field of practice
Explore Alumni Resources