Online Master’s in Real Estate Curriculum
The curriculum for our online master’s in real estate program delivers high-impact business skills and insights from industry titans and academic leaders with deep connections in New York and across the nation. The courses help students evolve into versatile and effective real estate professionals as they develop their essential skills, learn to apply new insights, and adopt an entrepreneurial mindset.
Hands-on learning is also a key component of the online master’s in real estate curriculum, with every class including opportunities to develop a project and present it to an industry leader or instructor. The program culminates with an all-important student critique and memorable practicum experience.
By clicking “Get Program Brochure,” I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communications regarding educational programs and opportunities.
Download Program Brochure
Are you ready to accelerate your career or take on a new challenge with a master’s degree? Yeshiva University’s Sy Syms School of Business offers an innovative online MS in Real Estate program designed for busy professionals.
Complete the form to download a program brochure for Yeshiva University's MS in Real Estate program.
Bootcamp (3 credits)
Students may be eligible to take a proficiency exam to test out of this course. Speak to an advisor for more information.
Real Estate Finance and Investment (3 credits)
Real Estate Law (3 credits)
Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Real Estate Accounting and Taxation (3 credits)
- Use the accrual and cash methods to record real estate entity economic events
- Understand the financial statements of property owners and developers
- Understand the impact of income taxes on the purchase and sale of real estate
- Understand various methods to mitigate the tax burden upon the sale of real property
Advanced Real Estate Analytics (1.5 credits)
Real Estate Executive Seminar Series (1.5 credits)
Real Estate Capital Markets (3 credits)
Urban Economics (1.5 credits)
Leadership and Emotional Intelligence (3 credits)
Real Estate Development and Entrepreneurship (1.5 credits)
MSRE Practicum Fusion (3 credits)
- A full draft of the group practicum project and analytical model(s)
- A draft of the oral presentation slides
- A 30-minute live oral presentation and Q&A with the professor
MSRE Practicum (3 credits)
- A final group practicum project and analytical model(s)
- A final set of presentation slides
- A 30-minute live oral presentation and Q&A made to the professor, designees of the Real Estate Counsel, other professionals, government regulators and academics from and outside the university determined by the professor. This presentation will be a formal critique (aka ‘crit’)
While the focus may change from year to year, the structure will be the same. A project focus will be determined by the academic and industry leadership involved in the online master’s in real estate program. Students will work in groups and will produce professional-quality projects that shall include robust financial analyses, insightful evaluations, and both written work and presentations. Presentations and the work will be evaluated and critiqued by the industry experts and academics involved in structuring the practicum for the year.