Online Master’s in Real Estate Curriculum
The curriculum for our online Master of Science in Real Estate program delivers high-impact business skills and insights from industry titans and academic leaders. Informed by these experts in real estate development, investment and planning, the courses in the online MSRE help students evolve into versatile and effective real estate professionals as they develop their essential skills, learn to apply new insights, and adopt an entrepreneurial mindset.
Hands-on learning is also a key component of the online master’s in real estate curriculum, with every class including opportunities to develop a project and present it to an industry leader or instructor. The program culminates with a memorable practicum in which you’ll work on a real-world real estate development project with one-on-one feedback from faculty and advisors.
By submitting this form, I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communication regarding educational programs and opportunities, and to be contacted by Yeshiva University and Everspring, its authorized representative.
Learn More About the YU Online MSRE Degree
Reach the next level in your real estate career by joining Yeshiva University’s Sy Syms School of Business 100% online MS in Real Estate degree. Designed to propel working professionals to success in a complex, dynamic field, this online real estate master's degree will cement your name in New York and beyond.
Complete the form to download a program brochure for Yeshiva University’s online MSRE program.
Bootcamp (3 credits)
Students may be eligible to take a proficiency exam to test out of this course. Speak to an advisor for more information.
Real Estate Finance and Investment (3 credits)
Real Estate Law (3 credits)
Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Real Estate Accounting and Taxation (3 credits)
- Use the accrual and cash methods to record real estate entity economic events
- Understand the financial statements of property owners and developers
- Understand the impact of income taxes on the purchase and sale of real estate
- Understand various methods to mitigate the tax burden upon the sale of real property
Advanced Real Estate Analytics (1.5 credits)
Real Estate Executive Seminar Series (1.5 credits)
Real Estate Capital Markets (3 credits)
Urban Economics (1.5 credits)
Leadership and Emotional Intelligence (3 credits)
Real Estate Development and Entrepreneurship (1.5 credits)
MSRE Practicum Fusion (3 credits)
- A full draft of the group practicum project and analytical model(s)
- A draft of the oral presentation slides
- A 30-minute live oral presentation and Q&A with the professor
MSRE Practicum (3 credits)
- A final group practicum project and analytical model(s)
- A final set of presentation slides
- A 30-minute live oral presentation and Q&A made to the professor, designees of the Real Estate Counsel, other professionals, government regulators and academics from and outside the university determined by the professor. This presentation will be a formal critique (aka ‘crit’)
While the focus may change from year to year, the structure will be the same. A project focus will be determined by the academic and industry leadership involved in the online master’s in real estate program. Students will work in groups and will produce professional-quality projects that shall include robust financial analyses, insightful evaluations, and both written work and presentations. Presentations and the work will be evaluated and critiqued by the industry experts and academics involved in structuring the practicum for the year.
Founder’s Dilemmas (1.5 credits)
Sustainable Development (1.5 credits)
Real Estate Analysis and Valuation (1.5 credits)
Students will be introduced to tools such as mezzanine debt and preferred equity, and will also learn the increasing role of publicly traded real estate, including REITs and securitizations. Investments will be analyzed using financial modeling and other analytic tools to determine value for a wide variety of international real estate properties ranging in size and type, either within one region or throughout and the world.