Earn Your Accredited MSW Online With Yeshiva University
Yeshiva University’s Wurzweiler School of Social Work has been a leader in social work education for over 60 years. With a focus on cultural responsiveness, social justice and human transformation, our community of students, faculty, administrators and alumni all work to create positive change in the world.
As a student in the online Master of Social Work (MSW) program, you will deepen your capacity for impact through:
- An engaging curriculum that explores cultural diversity, research methods, intervention and advocacy, professional ethics and more
- Hands-on field experience with premium partners that reinforces lessons on supporting clients on all functional levels through an empathetic approach to social and demographic factors
- CSWE accreditation1 that assures you are prepared to meet the necessary requirements, post-graduation, to sit for your state exam.
Wurzweiler is committed to connecting passion to purpose by training social workers who can navigate modern obstacles and complex systems with the ultimate goal of helping communities heal.
Connect Passion to Purpose and Work for Positive Change
The online MSW program curriculum is built around three important pillars—cultural responsiveness, social justice and human transformation. Focused on serving others and providing for the needs of local and global communities, the faculty and staff at Wurzweiler have created a deeply personal program that combines historical knowledge with a contemporary curriculum to equip you to help the world transform.
Find Your Path to Live Your Purpose
Online Master of Social Work
Earning an MSW opens doors to many career options. At Wurzweiler, you’ll get the training to put your passion into practice. Get support and individualized attention through peer mentors, your Student Success Coordinator and a personal faculty advisor who will help you make moves toward a fulfilling career.
Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor
CASAC credentialing is an optional focus for online MSW students that allows you to serve clients as they work to overcome alcohol and substance abuse issues. This is an in-demand area for social workers and our rigorous curriculum will prepare you to meet this need.
Gerontology and Palliative Care Certification
Longer lifespans and chronic health issues are among the top reasons we’ve seen a growing need for geriatric and palliative care. Compassionate individuals are needed to support clients in these late stages of life. This optional focus allows you to earn a certification to help this important population.
Ongoing Education at YU Wurzweiler
The faculty and staff at Wurzweiler are constantly looking for ways to grow and improve how to address emotional and behavior issues. From multi-doctorate published authors to social reform executives, Wurzweiler professors have a wealth of knowledge and perspective to share with you.
Get started by watching the webinar “Addressing Trauma and Supporting High-Risk Students in the Classroom,” presented by Dr. Lisa Henshaw, PhD, LCSW and assistant professor at YU Wurzweiler.
Why Yeshiva Online?
Through our online Master of Social Work (MSW) program, you’ll receive the clinical education and field-based knowledge to build lasting social change. We help you uncover your greatest opportunities for impact by fitting into your life before, during and after the program.
- Explore global fieldwork placement opportunities
- Complete your coursework anytime, anywhere
- Choose from full- and part-time course load options to best fit your schedule
- Learn from world-renowned practitioners and researchers
- Transfer up to 12 credits from a previously attended institution where you maintained at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- No GRE required
"I decided to enroll in the online program so that I could complete my Master’s and work simultaneously. I wanted the freedom and flexibility that online learning offers."
From the Virtual World to the Real World: Put Your Education Into Practice
Wurzweiler online MSW students graduate with the confidence to navigate complex, real-world challenges. Through both virtual and hands-on learning experiences, you’ll know how to build supportive client relationships and practice social work infused with cultural responsiveness and an eye on social justice and human transformation.
Program alumni look back on fieldwork as an invaluable learning opportunity. Fieldwork not only lets you put what you’ve learned into practice, but it’s also a chance to explore different areas of social work. Students have completed fieldwork with partners including the American Red Cross, the New York City Department of Education, Johns Hopkins Hospital, the Jewish Board of Children and Family Services and many more.
MSW for Educators
As schools in the U.S. focus on educating the whole student, mental health is an important point of focus. To support student well-being, social workers will be vital in schools. If you are currently an educator, you can elevate your career and drive social change as a licensed social worker. See how our curriculum can help you develop skills to support the whole student.
Simulated Case Management
The Heights is both a virtual learning tool and a fictional neighborhood that brings the concepts you’re learning about in class to life. View The Heights through the perspective of various demographics, explore critical community features and work through simulated case management scenarios.
Live your purpose with a Master of Social Work from Yeshiva.
- The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is a nonprofit national association representing more than 2,500 members as well as graduate and undergraduate programs. The CSWE is recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation as the only accrediting agency for social work education in the U.S.
- Retrieved November 17, 2022, from bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/social-workers.htm