Shape Your Passion into Purpose with the Wurzweiler School of Social Work's Online MSW
We believe that students of social work are driven by an innate calling and personal conviction to serve others. But before they are able to act on their conviction and fully realize their potential impact, these students must define their professional goals and align their passion to a specific purpose. Because it is here at this intersection of passion and purpose that your future impact begins to take shape and find direction.
A Curriculum Built for Social Work
Entering the online Master of Social Work (MSW) program at Wurzweiler, your opportunities for impact are refined by an engaging curriculum that explores cultural diversity, research methods, intervention and advocacy, professional ethics and more. Throughout the program, you will learn how to support clients on all functional levels by practicing tolerance and an empathetic approach to social and demographic factors that may include poverty, violence, illness and immigration.
Along the way, you will begin to define your professional goals and chart a new course toward your calling.
Online MSW Program Benefits
- No GRE required
- Study online—anytime, anywhere—with the flexibility working professionals need
- Choose either a full- or part-time course load to best fit your schedule
- Qualified students may apply for Advanced Standing admission, significantly reducing their time to degree
- Enroll in specialized courses that are developed and taught by experts in their respective fields
- Receive training in advanced clinical practice with individuals and families, group work and community practice
- A supervised fieldwork experience allows you to apply what you learn directly in the field
- Earn a degree from a Top 70 School of Social Work that has been built upon a deep-seated cultural tradition of service to others1
- Choose an optional focus: Gerontology and Palliative Care Embedded Certification or the Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Credentialing
Find Your Place in the Advanced Standing Program
Already have your bachelor's degree in social work? Find out if you qualify for Advanced Standing, which allows you to enter the Wurzweiler online MSW program in your second year.
Learn About Advanced Standing
Shape Your Professional Identity in the Field
Deepen your understanding of social work's principal lessons by moving into fieldwork. During your concentration year at Wurzweiler, you will engage clients of all ages and social backgrounds and begin to develop your unique professional identity.
Prepare for Fieldwork
Learn Alongside Professional Social Workers
The Wurzweiler online MSW program is directed by the same scholars and seasoned practitioners who instruct our on-ground students. Work one-on-one with those who understand the challenges you will likely face and take advantage of their interdisciplinary knowledge and experience.
Meet Our Faculty
December 14, 6-7pm EST
1. Retrieved on January 10, 2018, from usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/yeshiva-university-197708